You can cancel your WordPress Updates subscription at any time. We only issue refunds for some services. Before you cancel, review our refund policies in this guide.
All WordPress Updates subscriptions are independent from each other. This means canceling one service doesn’t automatically cancel or refund your other subscriptions. For example, if you cancel a website with a WordPress Updates domain connected, the domain subscription will remain active (even after the website expires), unless you specifically cancel the domain separately.
Website refund policy
We automatically issue a full refund when you cancel an annual website subscription within the subscription’s first 14 days. Otherwise, your website is set to auto-renew, and we follow these refund policies:
- We don’t offer refunds for annual plans after 14 days following the first payment.
- We don’t offer refunds for monthly plans.
- We don’t offer refunds for renewal payments. Fifteen days before an annual subscription renews, we’ll send an email letting you know you’re scheduled for a payment. If you don’t want your site to renew automatically, you can disable auto-renew.
You can find your previous payment dates on your invoices.
Domain refund policy
We automatically issue a refund when you cancel a Squarespace domain immediately within five days of registration.
Otherwise, your domain is set to auto-renew, and we follow these policies:
- We don’t offer refunds for newly registered Squarespace domains after the five-day grace period.
- Fifteen days before we charge you for the domain renewal, we’ll send an email letting you know you’re scheduled for a payment. If you don’t want your domain to renew automatically, you can disable auto-renew in the Domains panel prior to the renewal charge.
Some domains have exceptions:
- Country code top level domains (ccTLDs) – There’s no five-day grace period or refund for most ccTLDs, such as .com.au or .eu. For more information on specific ccTLDs, visit Domain TLD list.
- Domains transferred into Squarespace – There’s no five-day grace period when you transfer a domain to Squarespace. However, you can cancel the transfer and receive a refund before it’s complete. After the domain is fully transferred, it’s set to auto-renew.
Free Squarespace domains
All free domains registered as of March 5, 2015 are free for the first year of service. After one year of service, the domain renews for $20. We’ll charge the credit card connected to your site.
If you change from a monthly to annual billing cycle, we can’t refund a domain you already bought and convert it to a free domain. However, you can register another domain for free.
If you registered a free domain prior to March 5, 2015, your domain will continue to renew for free every year that your site remains active and on an annual billing plan.
Email Campaigns refund policy
All Email Campaigns subscriptions are non-refundable, regardless of plan level or billing cycle.
Before subscribing to Email Campaigns, we highly recommend starting a trial. During your trial period you can send up to three blast campaigns and up to 50,000 individual emails per campaign.